All The Gas Stop associates must be able to perform the following essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation. The Gas Stop is an equal opportunity employer with every intention of making reasonable accommodation to the handicapped in accordance with the American Disabilities Act (ADA).
These factors constitute essential functions for any associate of a The Gas Stop store (this is not a job description).
- Be able to read, understand and write the English language at the eighth grade level
- Be able to perform mathematical calculations at the eight grade level in order to make change, complete shift reports and account for numbers of a variety of products during vendor check-in
- Have sufficient visual acuity to check identifications
- Be able to read and understand instructions for operating electronic cash registers and other equipment
- Be able to lift up to 60 pounds, carrying cases of milk cartons and soft drinks, beer and juice containers, etc., up to four hours per shift
- Be able to stock shelves and coolers, top to bottom and front to back
- Be able to tolerate exposure to gasoline fumes and cleaning products
- Be able to climb a ladder to clean windows
- Be able to speak and understand English, including the ability to hear the spoken word
- Be able to sweep and mop floors, shovel snow, dust shelves, and lift and carry out trash containers and place in an outside bin
- Be able to clean the parking lot and grounds surrounding the convenience store
- Be able to enter and work in a cooler at a temperature of 34 degrees up to 60 minutes at a time
- Be able to work each and every scheduled day and work the full shift
- Be able to stand for a long time, up to 10 hours a shift (if necessary)
- Be able to use the computer for training purposes
- Be able to bend at the knees repetitiously (20-30 times a day) and be able to walk briskly
DISCLAIMER: The list of essential functions is not exhaustive but is merely the most currently active list. The Gas Stop reserves the right to revise this list without notice.
Drug-Free Work Environment
When there is a job offer pending, The Gas Stop will require a controlled substance test to be performed. Applicant will not be allowed to report for duty until a negative controlled substance test is verified. The Gas Stop will pay for pre-employment, random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
This is a brief overview of The Gas Stop's Drug Testing policy. More complete information is available upon request and is also provided in the employee handbook.